OPTIFAST for Your Patients
OPTIFAST offers a clinically proven, serious solution for weight loss.1,2
- Medically monitored program
- Available since 1974
- Supported by 80+ studies
At the heart of the OPTIFAST Program are portion-controlled, calorie precise, nutritionally complete OPTIFAST meal replacements that take the guesswork out of eating.
The benefits of OPTIFAST products such as our shakes, soups and bars include:
- Freedom from having to make food choices
- Quick and simple preparation
- High-quality, complete nutrition
- Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
During the Active Weight Loss phase, patients consume only the OPTIFAST meal replacements. The active weight loss phase using OPTIFAST products is followed by a 4-6 week transition period during which participants gradually add self-prepared foods back to their diets. Participants move to a long-term weight management program rich in fruits and vegetables, grains and low-fat proteins. During the program they will have learned techniques to include small amounts of their favorite foods into their new healthy lifestyle.
1. Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition National Database, 1997, data on file Nestlé HealthCare Nutrition
2. Drawert S, Bedford K, Largent D. Change in glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol with weight loss in medically obese patients [Chart]. Obes. Res. 1996; 4(SI):67S