Nutritionally Complete Meal Replacement
Only 4 g of sugar per serving
Vitamins & Minerals
Excellent source of 25 vitamins & minerals
Essential source of Protein (16 g)
Suitable for individuals with gluten sensitivity
Meet the Program
The OPTIFAST® program is a medically-supervised weight-management program that closely monitors and assesses progress towards better health and emotional well-being. Typical results at 26 weeks1:
Loss in 26 weeks
OPTIFAST® patients who actively participated in a 26-week medically-monitored program typically lost approximately 30 lbs.
Compared to a reduced-calorie food-based* program
Average loss of
total fat mass
Compared to a 4.4 kg loss observed in observed in individuals in a reduced-calorie food-based program program*
Decrease in waist
Compared to a 7.7 cm decreased observed in reduced-calorie food-based program*
Weight loss with the OPTIFAST® progam can help lower blood glucose vs baseline 2,3
Average decrease in
Weight loss with the OPTIFAST® progam can help manage hypertension2,4
Average decrease in
Weight loss with the OPTIFAST® progam can help manage cholesterol levels2,4
* modified version of Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP)
The OPTIFAST® program is a medically-supervised weight-management program that closely monitors and assesses progress towards better health and emotional well-being.
AFTER 1 YEAR
OPTIFAST® patients who actively participate in a 26-week program typically lose approximately 30 lbs. and maintain approximately a 25-lb. weight loss at 1 year.1
AFTER 2 YEARS
OPTIFAST® patients maintained an average weight loss of approximately 19 lbs. after 2 years and 15 lbs. after 3 years from starting the program.5
Everyday, OPTIFAST® is helping people like you discover that the benefits of a healthy lifestyle go far beyond weight loss. Find out what real patients have to say about their OPTIFAST® experience.VIEW ALL STORIES
OPTIFAST® studies have shown an average weight loss of approximately 30 lbs. at 26 weeks, 25 lbs. at 1 year, 19 lbs. after 2 years, and 15 lbs. after 3 years from starting the program.1,2
2. Ard JD, Schroeder MC, Kivilaid K, et al. Practical application of a comprehensive weight management program in patients with and without metabolic syndrome. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2014;S4:007.
3. Drawert S, Bedford K, Largent D. Change in glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol with weight loss in medically obese patients. Obes Res. 1996;4(Suppl 1):67S.
4. Wadden TA, Foster GD, Letizia KA, Stunkard AJ. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight reduction program for the treatment of marked obesity. Arch Intern Med. 1992;152(5):961-966.
5. Krishnaswami A, Ashok R, Sidney S, et al. Real-World Effectiveness of a Medically Supervised Weight Management Program in a Large Integrated Health Care Delivery System: Five-Year Outcomes. Perm J. 2018;22:17-082.