Kristin | Columbus, OH
Kristin’s starting weight was 240 lbs. and her current weight is 175 lbs.* —a 65-lb. weight loss! Because of the weight loss, Kristin feels so much different physically and still gets surprised at everything she can do.
- OPTIFAST® New You Winner
For Kristin, the three words, "I love summer" were never words she understood as an adult. She would hear people say this, roll her eyes, and convince herself that they were lying.
Kristin had been overweight most of her adult life and she didn't realize until this year that summer is HER favorite season too! She no longer finds herself wanting to hide indoors.
Kristin’s starting weight was 240 lbs. and her current weight is 175 lbs. —a 65-lb. weight loss!* Because of the weight loss, Kristin feels so much different physically and still gets surprised at everything she can do.
She used to find herself giving an automatic "no" response to any type of activity, including just even just sitting outside in 80-degree weather. Now Kristin now looks for things to do outside and doesn’t even think twice about it. Among other things, due to the weight loss, Kristin could completely stop her medications for diabetes and high blood pressure** that she had been on for years. The OPTIFAST® program gave Kristin back the life that she hadn’t realized she lost!
* The success stories of OPTIFAST® New You Contest winners are representative of those individuals only and do not represent all OPTIFAST® patients. OPTIFAST® patients who actively participate in a 26-week program typically lose approximately 30 lbs. and maintained approximately a 25-lb. weight loss at 1 year. In a separate study, OPTIFAST® patients maintained an average weight loss of approximately 19 lbs. after 2 years and 15 lbs. after 3 years from starting the program.
** Maintaining a healthy weight is associated with reduced risk of diabetes and heart disease. These benefits are not limited or attributed to weight loss with the OPTIFAST® Program specifically. No case is typical.
Everyday, OPTIFAST® is helping people like you discover the benefits of a healthy lifestyle go far beyond weight loss. Find out what real patients have to say about their OPTIFAST® experience.VIEW ALL STORIES
*The above patients are OPTIFAST® NEW YOU winners. The success stories of OPTIFAST® New You Contest winners are representative of those individuals only and do not represent all OPTIFAST® patients. OPTIFAST® patients who actively participate in a 26 week OPTIFAST® studies have shown an average weight loss of approximately 30 lbs. at 26 weeks, 25 lbs. at 1 year, 19 lbs. after 2 years, and 15 lbs. after 3 years from starting the program.1,2
2. Ard JD, Schroeder MC, Kivilaid K, et al. Practical application of a comprehensive weight management program in patients with and without metabolic syndrome. J Obes Weight Loss Ther. 2014;S4:007.
3. Drawert S, Bedford K, Largent D. Change in glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol with weight loss in medically obese patients. Obes Res. 1996;4(Suppl 1):67S.
4. Wadden TA, Foster GD, Letizia KA, Stunkard AJ. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight reduction program for the treatment of marked obesity. Arch Intern Med. 1992;152(5):961-966.
5. Krishnaswami A, Ashok R, Sidney S, et al. Real-World Effectiveness of a Medically Supervised Weight Management Program in a Large Integrated Health Care Delivery System: Five-Year Outcomes. Perm J. 2018;22:17-082.