Typical Results At 26 Weeks1:
OPTIFAST® completed a year-long, randomized controlled study of the OPTIFAST® Program for weight loss. The results? OPTIFAST® Program generated twice as much weight loss and higher rates of clinically meaningful weight loss, versus a reduced calorie food based program.+
AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS
Approx. 30 lb
at 26 weeks1
average decrease in blood pressure2
approximate decrease cholesterol levels
blood glucose levels vs. baseline4
+Modified version of Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) diet.
Different than many other weight loss solutions, OPTIFAST® is a medically-supervised weight-loss program that closely monitors and assesses your progress towards better health and well-being as you lose weight. During your journey with OPTIFAST®, your team of health care professionals will work to ensure that the medications you are taking, and/or the calorie level of your diet are adjusted accordingly, making your weight loss both safe and effective.
Our medical monitoring includes:
- A thorough preliminary medical examination and any necessary lab tests to determine your health status and identify risk factors
- A personalized weight loss plan based on your health status and weight loss goals
- Continued guidance and medical monitoring of your progress, health, and well-being throughout the program treatment
- Communication with your primary care physician, as necessary
Clinical guidelines suggest medically-monitored weight-management programs are safe, effective, and help individuals address and modify behaviors to encourage long-term weight management.1GET STARTED
The OPTIFAST® program goes beyond the typical weight-loss diet. To help ensure your long-term weight loss success, OPTIFAST® clinics provide personal weight loss counseling and support, as well as lifestyle education, throughout the program. Some of the features include:
- One-on-one counseling sessions with a physician, registered dietitian, or lifestyle counselor
- Small group discussions led by a healthcare professional
- Peer support from current and past OPTIFAST® participants (in-person or virtual)
- Educational materials created especially for OPTIFAST® patients
- Customized activity plans appropriate to your fitness level and schedule
OPTIFAST® healthcare professionals understand the challenges overweight individuals face as they become active. That’s why they partner with you to make the transition to healthy, active living.GET STARTED
Nutrition And Lifestyle Education
Learning to modify your eating habits and implement a healthier lifestyle is an important component of the OPTIFAST® program. A multi-disciplinary team along with the Lifestyle Education SeriesTM (LES) educational modules will help you relearn how to approach food and eating. The OPTIFAST® program will help you understand the emotional and psychological triggers that prompted you to overeat and gain weight. By understanding those triggers, you can focus on creating short- and long-term strategies to manage them, avoid pitfalls, and implement healthier behaviors.
The OPTIFAST® program will help you develop the strategies and behaviors to effectively implement a long-term lifestyle change. You will receive regular counseling on relevant topics such as understanding nutrients, shopping and cooking healthier, eating out, how to stay active, mindful eating, and stress management among others to help you manage your weight long-term.GET STARTED
Full Meal Replacement
The well-documented weight loss success of the OPTIFAST® program is based on the use of full meal replacements during the Active Weight Loss phase of the program. Simple and effective, OPTIFAST® meal replacements allow you to benefit from:
OPTIFAST® includes 100% of the recommended daily value for at least 24 vitamins and minerals in 5 daily servings and is an excellent source of protein and calcium.
Nestlé Health Science products are manufactured under stringent quality standards that meet or exceed applicable federal standards.
Pre-portioned and calorie-controlled servings
Counting calories is a difficult task. Overweight and individuals with obesity are more likely to underreport their food intake than healthy weight individuals. Meal replacement provides a predictable number of calories for more consistent weight loss.1
Quick and simple preparation
With OPTIFAST® meal replacements, you don’t have to plan, shop, or prepare. They’re either ready to eat or just require mixing with water, so they’re fast and easy to enjoy even on the go.
Positive change can occur quickly. In addition to losing weight, you may improve your health, learn new improved eating habits, and engage in activities; when you return to self-prepared foods, you are better equipped to manage your weight long term.
* The above patients are OPTIFAST® NEW YOU winners. The success stories of OPTIFAST® New You Contest winners are representative of those individuals only and do not represent all OPTIFAST® patients. OPTIFAST® patients who actively participate in a 26 week program typically lose approximately 30 lbs. and maintain approximately a 25 lbs. weight loss at year 1. In a separate study, OPTIFAST® patients maintained an average weight loss of approximately 19 lbs. after 2 years and a 15 lbs. after 3 years from starting the program.